Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Christmas Competition

I'm back! Tax season is over and I'm ready and raring to catch up on all the missed blogging fun! Starting with Christmas and Winter 2008! Here is the 2nd Annual Christmas Food Competition. It changes every year, last year was Best Chocolate Cookies. The rules of the game are simple (not in any order), 1. You can never have made the item at any family event prior. So I can't use my artichoke dip! 2. The item has to be popular by the majority of the present group. i.e. no octopus tentacles...ew. 3. Taste 4. Presentation



1st Place: Sara Bacon wrapped Scallops in a white cream sauce.













2nd Place: Mom and Dad. Bacon wrapped shrimp. I think the green was a pesto sauce. (Seems like the judges favorites involved bacon...good to note)









3rd Place: Dan.
The bottom is a Mushroom and i think there was either a shrimp or a scallop in the center. The green is a pesto sauce.


4th Place: Erin. Baby red potatoes stuffed with a garlic herb cheese and topped with parsley. Went awesome with the kilbasa.




5th Place: Beer Battered Shrimp. Sean should have gotten points for the preparation time he spend sitting in the basement frying all of them!



6th Place: Brian He made a grilled vadelia onion dill dip with pita for dipping.

Uncle Den was the judge so I won't steal his thunder and disagree with what my ratings would have been :) Although the last place bird looks awesome in our family room! It was a lot of fun and can't wait to figure out what we're going to do next year! The discussion is already happening! I made a fried stuffed macaroni on top of it for fun. Turned out pretty good but I think I'd need to practice to bring it out at parties!

No comments: