Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Micah Brian

MICAH BRIAN
Born December 8, 2008 @ 10:55 p.m.

He was due Friday but Monday at work I wasn't feeling so hot. I wasn't sure it was labor or at least not real labor so I worked and just kept an eye on things. By the afternoon I was questioning it to my co-workers. They all had plans of action in case I needed to rush to the hospital! By three they contractions were 10 minutes apart, nothing major, but I called my doctor and she said to go home and rest. Well, in the mean time there was freezing rain outside, expected to turn into snow. I stayed at work but had grandma and grandpa pick up Jack from daycare so I didn't have to have him jumping all over me that night. Five rolls around, still nothing notable happening but I thought I could stay near the hospital instead of going all the way home just in case. I started the drive on the side roads towards the hospital, by the time I'm there the contractions are 5 minutes apart. So I went in just to check if anything was happening, oops, 4.5 cm dialated. Mom was panicing that I was there alone so two seconds later Jean shows up. I call Brian, who just went to Minneapolis on the 3 o'clock flight for his flight bag that he needs to catch the next flight home. By the time I got my epidural I was around 8 cm's dialated. My doc. was happy with waiting because Monday night football was on. Brian managed to get a text to me from his plane saying they were circling MKE because of the snow. Jean was gearing up to help deliver Micah! But thankfully, he made it with no time to spare. The Doc. broke my water while Brian was changing out of his uniform and 12 minutes later we had our healthy baby boy!





A proud big brother. We had to convince him he wasn't a sister but he's been wonderful otherwise. Jack's only wanted to give him back once and we had to explain that covering his mouth isn't a good thing to a crying baby. Anytime he squeaks now I hear Jack either calling for me or mimicking the cry now.

To Cute!

No comments: